What was the first exhibition/performance you saw at the MCA?
White on White, a group show of all-white artworks.
What was the first job you held at the MCA?
What is your favorite MCA memory?
Who is your most memorable colleague or artist? Why?
Mary Jane Jacob, Chief Curator from 1980–86. She was a strong role model and had a penetrating and wide-ranging vision of the important artists of the 1980s, showcasing figures including Magdalena Abakanowicz, Suzanne Lacy, Ping Chong, and Jannis Kounellis.
- MCA DNA:Warhol and Marisol–
- Short A dark-haired woman and blonde-haired man wearing trench coats and holding drinks stand facing each other in front of an artwork.
- Dan Peterman: Plastic Economies–
- Short A large installation in the shape of a house; the forth wall lays on the ground in front of the piece
- In Progress: To the Racy Brink with Mary Richardson and Lynne WarrenTalksFree With Admission
- Short A group of museum visitors observe a man lying on the floor underneath a sheet of glass.
- MCA Talk:
Lynne Warren on Warhol and Marisol–TalksFree With Admission
- Short A light-skinned woman with brown eyes and chin-length white hair, wears a white collared shirt and silver dangling earrings.