The following link updates periodically to surface new messages from the MCA.
220 E Chicago Ave
Chicago, IL 60611
- Long A cat skeleton stands two-stories-tall and ready to pounce, with its spine arched, tailbone on end, and fanged mouth hanging open. It is poised on all fours in the middle of a dimly lit, blue-tinged large gallery space and its white form is dramatically illuminated as if caught in the night.
- Chicago Works:Paul Heyer–
- Long In this vertical painting, the background consists of a rich, saturated blue mottled with areas of both lighter and darker blue. Extending vertically across the background are three thin, dark brown branches. From these branches sprout small leaves of various reds, blues, pinks, and purples. The branches also bear three ghostly, translucent apples distinguished from the background only by white outlines. The most dominant element of the painting are five large white orbs, each with a faintly translucent white glow. Three of the orbs are aligned vertically on the left half of the painting, while the other two are arranged vertically starting at the upper-right hand corner. This leaves the background of the bottom right corner fully exposed.
- Endless Summer–
- Long A four-pointed, mandala-like set of pale grey shadows surround a glowing slightly warm-hued sphere on a white wall framed at the bottom by a gray floor.
- Reading Images: A New LayerWhen we first developed Coyote to enable web users who are blind or have low vision to “see” images on the web, we didn’t anticipate just how valuable this layer…
- Long This illustration features 21 humanoid figures split between two central panels that are short and stacked on top of each other and two long vertical panels on either side. The characters have thin, brown arms and big, round, teal heads, and in the outer panels, they wear blue tank tops and black bandit masks. In the left panel, three figures appear to hang from the top of the frame by their waists. The outer two dangle belts and the one in the middle wears a belt. They hang over three figures at the bottom, cut off at the torso, who reach toward the belts. The far right panel has a similar scene, with three figures hanging from the top and reaching up from the bottom. This time, the outer two at the bottom hold belts while the center figure reaches toward the figure above, who now dangles a belt. It appears to be a before-and-after sequence. The top central panel shows two figures wearing sleeveless belted leotards, black bandit masks, and white surgical masks. They both carry smaller, masked characters with gaping mouths and belts around their necks. The bottom central panel shows five distressed figures wearing pale blue shrouds and black bandit masks.