Want to know more about what's on view? Our docents lead free daily tours of our exhibitions. Meet us at the second-floor admissions desk. Tours last around 45 minutes.
1 and 2 pm
6 pm en Español (el segundo martes de cada mes)
Noon, 1, 2, and 3 pm
Some Upcoming Events
- SOAR Farmer’s Market, , ,
- Long Several wooden baskets filled with produce resembling dark-red cranberries or cherry tomatoes rest in-focus on a table. The shadowed, and out-of-focus background implies that the table is sitting outside in the sun and that people are also present.
- Dorothée Munyaneza / Kadidi
- Long A young black woman with closely cropped hair stands at a microphone, her mouth open in a cry or in song. She is dramatically lit by warm light from her left in an otherwise cool dark space. She holds a yard-long curved length of wood or bone above her head with both hands. Her garment is gathered at the waist and draped around her torso. It covers her right arm with a long sleeve and leaves her left arm exposed. Behind her a second performer kneels at a second mic, working with an electronic instrument. The space behind them is dark, but a length of corrugated steel, painted in varying colors, lies behind them.
- Ishmael Houston-Jones, Ralph Lemon, and Bebe Miller
- Long An African-American woman in middle age pivots on her left leg, raising her right knee and ducking her head. Her arms extend slightly to the sides, her long dreadlocks swinging behind her as she turns. She wears a black sleeveless shirt and dark grey trousers. She almost appears to be floating in a featureless white space, as her feet are cropped out of frame.
- JACK &: Prelude to the DanceStructured on social codes and trainings, from prison reentry programs to 1950s sitcoms to debutante balls, JACK & is a comedy of errors that considers the measureless damages of being…
- Long A dark-skinned woman smiles down at her laptop. She wears a dark hooded sweatshirt and black-framed glasses, which reflect the computer screen. Next to her computer are various gadgets with knobs and dials, and she seems to adjust one of them with her right hand. In the bottom-left-hand side of the image, next to all of the electronic equipment, sits a pineapple. The woman appears to be performing a DJ set, and she is spotlighted with a bright white light coming from her right; behind her, an abstract geometric drawing is projected onto the wall.
The MCA's permanent collection spans media and movements from the 1920s to the present—and includes some 2,500 artworks and artists' books. The entire collection, with images and descriptions, is presented online for the first time. Explore by artist, title, or creation date.