Esparza Chong Cuy was the Pamela Alper Associate Curator until 2018.
- We Are Here–
- Short Three pairs of shoes sit below three raised black boxes that support six wooden heads. The closest head is hollowed out, others have light-skinned faces emerging from the wood, but the third has a long pointed beak-like form.
- Tania Pérez Córdova: Smoke, nearby–
- Short A piece of glass is folded into quarters with green edges facing up, resting on a white surface. A smoking stick is wedged into the top fold. There is a dark, round shadow behind the sculpture on the right.
- Short A sheet of hard glass is folded over and bent in two as if it were a plastic bag. A smoking stick rests between the green edges of the glass and a plume of smoke wafts upward.
- Long A sheet of hard glass is folded over and bent in two as if it were a plastic bag. A smoking stick rests between the green lips that comprise the edges of the glass. A dark circular shadow dominates the area to the right of the glass, a stark contrast to the white background.