All the details about what you get with our many different levels of support, whether you want to join, renew, upgrade, or give a membership.
All members gain access to:
- Members' Previews, including admission for you and a guest to exclusive events that offer a first look at new exhibitions and connect you with the best contemporary culture in Chicago
- Programs, Talks, and Tours that are included with regular admission, and free for members
- The MCA Magazine, published and mailed exclusively to members three times a year
- 20% discount on ticketed events on the MCA Stage, including theater, dance, and music performances by today's leading and rising stars Members get an additional 10% on stage Playlists.
- 10% discount in the MCA Store on site and online year-round, as well as Members' Double Discount Day promotions throughout the year
- 10% discount on every MCA Café purchase
- $4 discount in the MCA garage
Our starter memberships give you access to some of the most exciting contemporary art in the world through free admission and discounted tickets to our performances and public programs, as well as invitations to Members' Previews of major exhibitions. You also enjoy discounts in the MCA Store and MCA Café.
As a Premier Member, you receive more opportunities to get involved with the MCA on a deeper level. Free admission for additional guests as well as more guest passes allows you to share your passion for contemporary art with more people. Plus, reciprocal privileges at more than 100 museums across the country—24 of them in California and New York—gives you greater access to art across North America.
Circle Donors are among the museum’s most dedicated contributors and are passionate about the arts and Chicago’s vibrant cultural community. As a Circle Donor, you gain special access to the museum, meeting artists, curators, and collectors. You receive invitations to Circle Previews—prime opportunities to see major exhibitions before anyone else—as well as MCA events, programs, and national travel in addition to other benefits based on your level of support.
Director’s Vision Council
The ultimate in MCA membership categories, the Director’s Vision Council (DVC) offers our most generous donors unprecedented access to premier contemporary artists, curators, and cultural thinkers. Vision Council Members receive exclusive invitations to an annual DVC Think Tank hosted by our Pritzker Director, international travel opportunities, and an intimate contemporary art discussion group led by members of the MCA curatorial team.
Which membership is right for you? Here are the major differences:
- Individual and discounted memberships (such as Student or Out of Town) are for one person. You receive unlimited admission for one, and 2 single-visit guest passes.
- Household level and above provides unlimited admission for you and a guest, plus any children under 18. Four guest passes are included, plus the popular MCA tote bag.
- Premier Friend level and above provides admission for you and up to three guests, plus reciprocal benefits at 100 museums across North America.
- Premier Associate and Advocate Members also receive invitations to exclusive events.
- Circle Donors receive admission for you and up to five guests, are recognized on our donor wall, and are invited to attend events with curators and artists.