Purchasing a Membership
Yes! The tax deductibility of membership depends on the level. Visit the Levels section of our Membership page for more information.
The MCA cannot refund memberships. Specific questions about gift refunds can be addressed by calling 312-397-4040.
MCA Membership connects you with the best of contemporary culture in Chicago. Basic memberships provides you with greater access to the museum through:
- Free admission, with unlimited access to our frequently changing exhibitions
- Members’ Previews, which offer an exclusive first look at new exhibitions for you and a guest
- Our MCA Magazine, published and mailed exclusively to members three times a year
- Discounts at the MCA Store and MCA Stage, and on MCA dining, expanding your access to contemporary art beyond the galleries
- A variety of programs, talks, and tours included with visitor admission that are free for members
- Guest passes, granting one-time admission for friends or family
Memberships at the Premier level and above offer reciprocal benefits at other museums, additional guest passes, and greater access privileges. A comprehensive listing of benefits for each membership level can be found here.
- 20% on ticketed events. MCA Stage offers theater, dance, and music performed by today's leading and rising stars. Members get an additional 10% off when you purchase a stage package to multiple performances
- Discounted pricing for special ticketed events, like MCA Talks or Prime Time
- 10% in the MCA Store, both on site and online, year-round, plus Members’ Double Discount Day promotions throughout the year
- on MCA dining
- $5 on parking
As a member you receive monthly updates via our eNews, invitations to special events, as well was announcements to alert you when a highly anticipated event is about to go on sale. MCA Members also receive by mail three issues of the MCA Magazine, which includes behind-the-scenes information and interviews about what happens at the MCA.
Logging In and Updating Information
If you are a current MCA Member or a recently lapsed member, you already have an existing account. You simply need to activate it by logging in with the email address linked to your account and resetting your password here. If you haven’t provided an email address, contact [email protected] with a request to set up your online account.
During your next visit, make any changes to your personal information by filling out a Member Service Request form at our admissions desk, in the MCA Store, or at the Box Office. You can also update your information or inquire about your membership status by calling Member Services at 312-397-4040 or emailing [email protected].
Immediately. If you plan to buy tickets, purchase your membership, then log out and log back in to refresh the system.
If you did not receive a confirmation email, check the junk mail folder in your email account. Make sure that your account is set to approve emails sent from @mcachicago.org. If you have lost your print-at-home tickets, you can call 312-397-4040 and ask a Box Office associate to reprint and hold your tickets at Will Call.
Because you are a member of a different museum, we are unable to verify your membership status online. When you arrive, just present your active membership card with the appropriate reciprocal stickers to Visitor Services.
Visiting the Museum
Your membership level determines how many people you can take to the museum:
- Individual/Student/Out-of-Town members: (1) Free admission for yourself
- Household/Senior members: (2) Free admission for you and another adult, plus any children under 18
- Premier members: (4) Free admission for you and up to 3 guests, plus any children under 18
- Circle members: (6) Free admission for you and up to 5 guests, plus any children under 18
Yes! You receive guest passes with your membership materials. Guests simply fill out the pass with their contact information and present it at the admissions desk. The number of guest passes you receive increases with the level of membership purchased. Please note: Guest passes are redeemable during regular museum hours only, and are not valid for Members’ Previews, ticketed exhibitions, or special events.
Your membership level determines how many guest passes you can share:
- Individual/Senior/Student/Out-of-Town members receive 2 passes.
- Household members receives 4 passes.
- Premier members and above receives 6 passes.
Membership cards are nontransferable and only grant access to the member named on the card. If you would like to send a family member or friend to the museum, you can provide them with one of the guest passes you received with your membership materials.
Visit us anytime during our regular hours: Tuesday, 10 am–8 pm, and Wednesday–Sunday, 10 am–5 pm. Additional events (such as Members’ Previews and Prime Time) are scheduled outside of normal operating hours, and members receive complimentary invitations or discounted admission to these events.
Convenient discounted parking for MCA visitors is available in our parking garage. MCA Members receive a discount of $5 off the standard parking rate. Find more information here.
Yes. While visiting the MCA, we ask that members be respectful to all museum visitors, volunteers, and museum staff. If a member’s behavior is deemed inappropriate by staff, the member may be asked to leave. If there are multiple documented occurrences of disruptive behavior, the member may be asked to not attend further events, and/or the membership may be revoked without refund.
Call 312-397-4040 to have new materials issued.
New permanent membership cards typically arrive within 30 business days after you join.
Renewing members: Please continue to use your existing membership cards. Your membership will be electronically updated within 24 hours of your online renewal and you will receive new membership cards within 30 business days.
Yes, just bring a photo ID to the museum so that Visitor Services can verify your active membership in our system.
This depends on your membership level. Household, Premier, Circle, and DVC-level members are eligible for a second card. Individual, Student, and Out-of-Town members receive only one card.
Making Other Contributions
Contributions made in honor or memory of someone may be made to the MCA Annual Fund. All Annual Fund gifts are 100% tax deductible. Annual Fund donations are not membership dues and will not renew your MCA membership.
Contributions may be made in various ways:
Speak with a museum staff member at our admissions desk, in the MCA Store, or at the Box Office.
Call the Member Services office at 312-397-4040.
Visit our Support page and fill out the required fields.
THROUGH THE MAIL Download and print the Tribute Form (PDF) and send it to:
Museum of Contemporary Art Chicago
Fiscal Year-End Appeal
220 East Chicago Avenue
Chicago, IL 60611