Teens take over the MCA!
Teens take over the MCA with installations, workshops, performances, videos, music, and print works by Chicago artists under 21.
The MCA’s Teen Creative Agency—25 curious, creative 15–19-year-olds from all over the Chicagoland area—present the seventh annual 21Minus. This festival of teen creativity and passion fills the museum with exciting, out-there projects that invite visitors to engage with the museum and each other in unexpected ways. 21Minus is curated and produced by TCA.
This event is free for people age 21 and under and their families.
Youth-led events highlight Chicago artists under 21 years old and are organized by Grace Needlman, Manager of Youth and Family Programs, and Ellen Chu, Coordinator of Family, Youth, School, and Teacher Programs.
2 pm The Virgin Jerry
2:45 pm Corn on My Dinner Plate
3:30 pm Logan Zayas
3:35 pm Sól
4:30 pm Phalair Carter
4:45 pm Jordan Martin
5:30 pm Final Celebration
Experience artists’ projects including:
- Photobooths by Yollocalli Arts Reach and Mya Cavner
- Live figure drawing with Jacob Torres Interactive video and light installations by Ana Paramo and Ruth Plumb
- A scream closet by Alexis Yracheta
- Have a conversation you’ve always wanted to have with Rachel Dohner
Participate in workshops:
- Refurbish old skateboards with Sprucing Up Skateboards
- Add to a collaborative denim installation by Jonathan Swain
- Reimagine the value of brands in TCA’s “Workshop”
- Trade facts about black owned businesses for swag from Darius Jones
Catch sight of roving performances and fashion by:
- Zoe Haralambidis
- Tallulah Cartalucca and Kendra Lachick
Enjoy zines and prints by:
- Alexa Jurado
- Angel Cano
- Ethan Switall
- Lydia Quinnan
- Madison Grant
- Ariadna Perez and Daniel Brito-Virto
- Zoe Cloud
- Teen Creative Agency