Chris Bradley explains his choices for his newest keychain, inspired by the MCA's collection.
So this is a mini replication of Vito Acconci's Bridge Chairs for Sex and Gender, which'll be part of the token that'll be hanging in the stairwell. I'm going through the MCA collection looking at different pieces that speak to me and my interests, and also things that have helped me along the way. I like the idea of addressing the MCA collection, and making the token about the environment and the history of that environment.
- Chicago Works:Chris Bradley–
- Short A yellow banana rests on top of a column made up of three silver paint cans and two bags of ice. The bags of ice are sandwiched in between the paint cans.
- 4 ThingsBy Chris BradleyChris Bradley participates in our 4 Things series by sharing four things that influence his art and practice. See his work in the current Chicago Works exhibition, on view through...
- Short Several pretzel sticks are arranged end-to-end in a jagged line.
- , ,
- Short A pink chair and a blue chair made of out parts from metal ladders sit facing opposite directions, connected in the middle by a purple chair.
- Long The two chairs on the ground are spaced about five feet apart. The tall ladders that form the chair backs slope toward each other for five rungs until they meet to form a purple ladder-chair platform about eight feet off the ground.
- , ,
- Short What appears to be an extremely reflective silver ladder appears against a white background. The very tall ladder is vertically divided into eight separate images.
- , ,
- Short In a nondescript room are what appear to be five tall movable walls: two blue, two red, and one white.