Chris Bradley explains his choices for his newest keychain, inspired by the MCA's collection.
So this is a mini replication of Vito Acconci's Bridge Chairs for Sex and Gender, which'll be part of the token that'll be hanging in the stairwell. I'm going through the MCA collection looking at different pieces that speak to me and my interests, and also things that have helped me along the way. I like the idea of addressing the MCA collection, and making the token about the environment and the history of that environment.
- Chicago Works:Chris Bradley–
- Short A yellow banana rests on top of a column made up of three silver paint cans and two bags of ice. The bags of ice are sandwiched in between the paint cans.
- MCA Talk:
Chris Bradley with Michael Darling–TalksFree (with admission)
- Short This is a miniature sculpture of a ceiling fan. On three of the fan blades sits three objects: a potted plant, a folded striped linen, and a pool ladder.
- Long This is a miniature sculpture of a ceiling fan. A potted plant sits on top of one of the fan blades, a folded, striped linen sits on top of another, and a pool ladder is affixed to a third dropping below the blade.
- MCA Talk:
Chris Bradley–TalksFree (with admission)
- Short Brown pretzel sticks with specks of white are glued together in a stacked formation, and are balanced atop a silver paint can.