Images of Arthur Jafa, Love Is The Message, The Message Is Death
- Prisoner of Love–
- Short The words "DEATH," "LOVE," "HATE," "PLEASURE," "PAIN," and "LIFE" appear in illuminated neon, organized in a circle against a black background. In order, their colors are orange, purple, pink, green, and blue.
- CanceledAmerican Sign Language Tour of Prisoner of Love–AccessibleFree
- Short Black stenciled text that reads "WE ARE THE INK THAT GIVES THE WHITE PAGE A MEANING" repeats for twenty-nine lines, gradually becoming distorted until it's almost illegible at the bottom.
- On view, ,
- Short A black-and-white portrait photo shows a young dark-skinned man holding a large camera at his chest, as if taking a self-portrait in a mirror.The image is surrounded by a large white mat and a thin black frame.
- Long The subject's head is lowered, looking up at the viewer at such an angle that his expression could be read as ominous or threatening. He wears a long-sleeved button-down shirt and has long, tightly coiled hair. The background behind him fades from black at the bottom of the photo to a lighter gray at the top.