Images of Bruce Nauman, Self-Portrait as a Fountain (from the portfolio Eleven Color Photographs)
- West by Midwest–
- Short A black-and-white photograph of two men shaking hands is mounted to a light-colored piece of wood.
- Long A black-and-white photograph with white borders is affixed to a small wood board with photo corners. The photo shows a scene in a supper club or restaurant. It features two fair-skinned, dark-haired men in suits standing, shaking hands. The man on the left holds a small box and the man on the right extends his left hand to receive it. In the foreground, two seated, light-skinned people with long dark glossy hair look up at the men from their table. The two men look directly at us. A date stamp reading "JAN 3 1968" appears in the bottom border of the photo. The ends of two knotted leather cords emerge above and below the photo on the left side of the wooden board, seemingly binding the board like a book cover. A signature reading "Edward Ruscha" appears on the board in blue ink below the image, and the initials "B.A.B." are signed and underlined in black on the wood above the mounted photograph.
- Eternal Youth –
- Short A shadowed figure leans over a partially nude youth, who is smiling with his eyes closed. They are both in a bed with gray sheets.
- On view, ,
- Short A circle of words formed by neon lights in green, blue, pink, and yellow reads, clockwise from the top: "LOVE HATE PLEASURE PAIN LIFE DEATH."
- , ,
- Short Words rendered in crudely applied red paint read: "LIVE OR DIE," set against a white background.
- , ,
- Short On a white paper rectangle, three lines of all-caps black text in streaky black lines reads "Live or Die."
- , ,
- Short Three-dimensional triangle-shaped sculpture that sits on the floor
- , ,
- Short Two neon signs illuminate a dark room. The first reads, "Run from Fear" while underneath the second reads, "Fun from Rear."
- Short Two rows of neon text read, "RUN from FEAR" in yellow, and, "FUN from REAR" in red.