Images of Rashid Johnson, The Unwearable Dashiki
- Selected Works from the MCA Collection: Focus on UBS 12 x 12–
- Short Four people are outdoors, three of whom appear to be children who are holding long-barreled guns.
- Long A color photograph shows three people standing holding rifles. One is wearing a reflective vest and ear protection, pointing their gun out into the distance to an unknown target. There is an open box next to them. The middle two people are watching the person aiming their rifle. They are wearing ear protection and are standing in front of a red SUV with the back hatch open. To the left of the center figures is a person sitting at a picnic table on a concrete slab. They are wearing an orange hat and holding their hand to their mouth while looking at the other three figures. All four people are in a remote, desert-like landscape on gravel with the sun shining from the left of the photo.
- , ,
- Short This black and white vertical portrait portrays a dark-skinned person with two faces, one looking left and the other looking right, with palm-like fronds surrounding the figure.
- Long The masculine person, shown from the torso up, is wearing a vertically striped button-down shirt, a herringbone vest, and a dark tie. The subject takes up the majority of the image, with their shoulders extending to either of the vertical edges. The two superimposed faces, slightly overlapping, have a similarly stoic expression. Both of the faces have heavy, dark eyebrows, a wide rounded nose, a closed, expressionless mouth, and are crowned by a dark, curly afro hair style. The upper left and bottom corners all appear lighter in tone, as if overexposed. Surrounding the figure are lush, palm-like plant fronds, both in the background and foreground. Some of the fronds obscure the person's shoulders on both sides of the image.
- , ,
- Short Color photograph portrait of a man with dreadlocks wearing a dark suit against a black background