Images of Howardena Pindell, Untitled #20 (Dutch Wives Circled and Squared)
- Howardena Pindell: What Remains To Be Seen–
- Short A beige, textured surface covered in small circles is accented with hints of blue, orange, and red paint.
- Long The frame is filled with dozens of small, circular cutouts that create a textured landscape. The cutouts, which resemble hole punches, are layered on the surface in seeming chaos and affixed by thick layers of paint, though some seem to float above the surface to create slight shadows. The paint is the color of a pale beige skin tone but streaks of sky blue and orange and even specks of near-black appear lightly scattered across the surface.
- Curator Tour: Naomi Beckwith on Howardena Pindell–TalksFree (with admission)
- Short A collage of circles of various sizes and colors are clustered together.
- Short A collage of real estate listings from old newspapers forms the crude shape of a simple house. The news clippings, which are black ink on manilla paper, are combined in a way that the lines of text form complex stochastic patterns. In the center of the collage is the word: HOMELESSNESS in white letters.