- Free (for families)
Become a member
All the details about what you get with our many different levels of support, whether you want to join, renew, upgrade, or give a membership.
All members gain access to:
- Members' Previews, including admission for you and a guest to exclusive events that offer a first look at new exhibitions and connect you with the best contemporary culture in Chicago
- Programs, Talks, and Tours that are included with regular admission, and free for members
- MCA Magazine, published and mailed exclusively to members three times a year
- 20% discount on ticketed events on the MCA Stage, including theater, dance, and music performances by today's leading and rising stars Members get an additional 10% on stage Playlists
- 10% discount in the MCA Store on site and online year-round, as well as Members' Double Discount Day promotions throughout the year
- 10% discount on every MCA Café purchase
- $4 discount in the MCA garage
I've been asked to supervise the color reproductions for the MCA's forthcoming Kerry James Marshall catalogue. I’ve worked with Kerry's images in publications for many years for many museums across the country. His work presents a particular challenge because of the importance of the color black in his paintings. His blacks have variations in hue and richness—some are bluish, purplish, others are neutral. And though these differences are deliberate and very striking, it is a very difficult thing to reproduce with ink on paper. To prepare for this catalogue, I, as well as the designer and publishing team, have had the opportunity to see many of Kerry's works and have begun a process of experimenting and testing reproduction techniques to achieve the most faithful reproductions possible. This work, the artist's Untitled (Painter), is one of the first we looked at together, in the museum's art storeroom.
—Pat Goley, President, Professional Graphics