This touch tour of the stage is led by Jess Curtis and Claire Cunningham and lasts 20–30 mins. The tour offers patrons who are visually impaired (VI) the chance to experience the space, the performers, and objects in it, tactilely and spatially. It provides an opportunity to experience aspects of the performance that are transmitted primarily visually to sighted individuals and to organize a conceptual/spatial framework for the experience of the show.
The touch tour allows VI patrons to feel, explore, and/or have explained:
- The dimensions and directions of the space and seating arrangements
- The set: hanging sculptures, ladder, sound system, and video screens
- Some physical aspects of the performers themselves
- Explanation and demonstration of some of the sounds made by objects in the space, i.e. the clicking of crutches and shuddering of the ladder
- The qualities and shapes of costumes and props
- Demonstration of some of the movement in the piece
Registration and performance ticket required. Call the Box Office at 312-397-4010.