Tuesdays are always FREE for Illinois residents.
Manilow Senior Curator Omar Kholeif leads a tour of Basim Magdy: The Stars Were Aligned for a Century of New Beginnings in the Bergman Family Gallery.
- Basim Magdy: The Stars Were Aligned for a Century of New Beginnings–
- Short A brightly colored geometric shape floats in a starry sky above a figure wearing an equally colorful head dress and jumpsuit.
- Long A three-dimensional geometric shape floats in a starry night sky, taking up most of the upper two-thirds of the painting. The shape is multi-faceted, with 7 faces showing. Each face has has a gradient of vibrant colors ranging from yellow to green, blue to pink, and red to black. The faces are flat and matte, stark against the spray-painted starry night sky. Behind the shape, we see black and grey stripes creating a shadow of the shape. The ground is white, as if it is covered by snow. There are four round-edged rectangles along the ground, in pastel colors. A small lone figure stands in the bottom center of the painting, wearing an orange jumpsuit with green side stripes, red gloves, dark blue boots, and a striped, semi-circular hat. The figure stands directly under the geometric shape, looking at us, and is dwarfed by the size of the geometric shape.
- Curator Tour: I Was Raised on the Internet with Omar Kholeif and Jared QuintonTalksFree (with admission)
- Short Two people lay on the floor beneath a tent-like structure made from two large digital screens. Their heads are hidden beneath the screens.