Family Days are every second Saturday of the month!
Activities are appropriate for all ages.
LOVE LIKE CALDER!
Robert B. and Beatrice C. Education Center Lobby, ground floor
Make heart mobiles and place your family and friends in a web of love.
Robert B. and Beatrice C. Mayer Education Center lobby, ground floor
Make your sweetheart a fantastic bouquet of flowers using your favorite candy.
TRASH TO TREASURE
Kovler atrium, 2nd floor
Create musical instruments out of recycled materials. This activity is led by The Chicago Children's Museum.
Kanter Meeting Center, ground floor
Join the Chicago Children's Museum to shake and create a one-of-a-kind Valentine card, and work together with your friends to squish and push a Valentine mural.
MCA ROAD RULES
1. May I touch the art on view?
Invisible salts and oils on your hands can destroy the surface of the artworks. Please preserve art for future generations by not touching it.
2. May I draw or write in the museum?
Recording your thoughts is a great idea as long as you only use pencil and do not put your paper against the wall.
3. May I run in the museum?
Running may put the art and other visitors in danger. We have an outdoor sculpture garden if you need to jump for joy about the cool things you saw today.
4. May I bring food or drink into the gallery or chew gum?
Gum, food, and liquids are not allowed in the galleries.
5. May I touch the fish or drop coins into the pond?
Germs and bacteria from hands and coins harm the fish. Greet the fish and draw pictures of them but please don't mess with their water.
Artist-in-Residence: Michael Genovese
Artist is on-site discussing his work and inviting you to take part in the Robert B. and Beatrice C. Mayer Education Center lobby.
Alexander Calder in Focus: Works from the Leonard and Ruth Horwich and Family Loan
Explore geometric shape and the mechanics of balance.
Through July 29
See the MCA's amazing collection.
Mapping the Self
Through March 3
Learn how artists use mapmaking to understand the world around them.
Gordon Matta-Clark: "You Are the Measure"
Through May 4
Take a peep at our new show where artist Gordon Matta-Clark makes trash into treasure and cuts buildings in two.
UPCOMING FAMILY DAY
MARCH 8, 11 AM–3 PM
- Join the scavenger hunt to win prizes!
- Family-friendly conveniences
- Join the MCA today and save 20% on a new membership. For more information, visit the admission desk.
- Enjoy kid-friendly menu items at Puck's.
- Diaper-changing stations are located in the ground-floor rest rooms. Caretakers may accompany children of the opposite sex in the restrooms in Puck's café.
- Strollers are available at coat check.
- Books, games, and toys can be purchased in the kid's section of the MCA Store.
Educational programs at the MCA are made possible by a generous grant from the Nathan Cumming Foundation, with support and encouragement of Beatrice C Mayer. Support for Family Programs is provided in part through the MCA Women's Board Family Education Initiative. Additional support is generously provided by the Mericos Foundation.
Family Days are sponsored by
Support for Family Programs is provided in part through the MCA Women's Board Family Education Initiative. Additional support is generously provided by the Mericos Foundation.