- Warhol’s Portrait of Power
- Long A three-quarter black-and-white portrait of Richard Nixon seemingly hand-colored with garish tones: His face, a light blue-green with yellow lips, stands out against his pink suit and orange background. Written below the portrait is the directive "VOTE MCGOVERN."
- Self-Care as WarfareFor tonight's post-inauguration “School Night” special, Homeroom gathers together a group of artists, activists, and professionals to discuss de-escalation tactics, media literacy, and mental health issues, as well as strategies…
- Long A white pail with the word "HEAL" spelled out in orange, green, and pink elastic bandages sits on the corner of a light-grey carpet that covers a dark-grey tile floor. The pail is filled halfway with elastic bandages.
- Moving the Medium Forward
- Long You are in a room with four similar images of two wolves, all in muted jewel tones. These colors correspond to the primary and secondary colors of light. Two projectors are on the floor. They are projecting directly at you. In the center of the wall in front of you is a doorway, so you can see through this gallery into the brightly lit gallery beyond.
- 5 Things to Know About Chef Jason HammelJason Hammel, owner and chef of Lula Cafe, Logan Square’s “best neighborhood café,” will soon take on a new role—culinary curator of the MCA’s new restaurant. Before it opens in…
- Long This brightly lit black-and-white portrait depicts a light-skinned man with slightly styled dark hair and a short, salt-and-pepper beard. His light eyes stand out against his dark hair and attire, and almost seem to match the backdrop he stands in front of.